We have been dying to try COOLMESS out for a while because who doesn’t want to make their own ice cream??? It is a very cute ice cream spot on 137 E. 62nd Street and totally instagrammable!
Coolmess is open Mon- Wed from 12 PM – 8PM and Thurs- Sat from 12 PM – 9 PM. I did try coming before but they had closed early do to an event. So make sure you call before to avoid any tears.
We arrived at Coolmess and walked up to the 2nd floor, no elevator but there is stroller parking (The first floor is Burger Heaven). The walk up is super cute. The walls are decked with sprinkles and cool signs. #COOLISTHENEWHOT
The spot was a good size, not too big and not too small. It wasn’t crowded but that’s because we went on a weekday. Usually, it gets pretty busy on weekends (like everywhere else lol). Upon arrival we sat at a table, and our ice cream server brought us water in cute little cups. The ice shop isn’t only for making your own ice cream, there are other options you may enjoy like milkshakes, cones, gelato, etc.
There are FIVE steps to making your own ice cream:
- The amount of people in your party. (note there is an additional $10 charge for the 4th person and on)
- Pick your ice cream, you have to choose between vanilla or chocolate. Of course Amara likes chocolate and Juliet likes Vanilla, so we had to “rock, paper, scissor” it. The winner: Julie Vanilla Ice Cream.
- After we poured the vanilla into the machine it was time to choose our toppings. You may choose three for starters but there are up to 25 different toppings. Overwhelmed? There are few combo ideas you can try. The girls wanted to get creative so they chose gummy bears, chocolate sauce, chocolate chips, and sprinkles.
- Waiting time!!!! Don’t forget to add your toppings. We took a restroom break while we waited for the ice cream to harden. The restroom decor was waaaaay too cute not to snap a pic!
- Final step; finish adding any extra toppings & ENJOY!After our yummy ice cream we took some more cute pictures around the store.The total cost was about $50. $30 for making your own ice cream + $10 for our 4th person + tax & tip. The girls had a blast. They really enjoyed themselves and gave it a thumbs up! Check out other cool ice cream spots on our list here. Let us know if you have been here before!